This is the sixth blog in our Sales & Business Development series. In case you missed the other blogs, you can view them here.
Questions are the most important tool in your sales toolkit. Never underestimate the importance of questions. They help you navigate through conversations and maximize the information gathering opportunity. Asking great questions requires mental preparation, mental agility and precise communication skills. Before you can ask great questions, you need to think of the question’s purpose.
- Why are you asking the questions?
- What is the best question to use?
- Exactly what do you want to gain with this question?
- Who are you asking?
- What is their perspective? What are their goals? What are their issues, challenges and/or problems?
- How can you phrase your questions for maximum advantage?